HONOR, RECOGNITION & MILESTONES
The Executive Director/Founder, Tammie Lang Campbell, has received numerous awards/honors for her community service. Some are highlighted below.
* Founder recognized as a “State of Texas Civil Rights Advocate" under HR 1705; recipient of the following: 2011 North Houston Frontier’s “Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drum Major” Award; “Aetna Medicare Magic Touch” Award in conjunction with Aetna Medicare, Magic Johnson Enterprises and SMSi Urban Call; “Kraft Food Inc./NAACP Community Service Image Award"; "Jefferson Award"; Rolling Out Magazine's "Top 25 Women in Houston" Award and NAACP Texas State Conference “Torchbearer Award.”
* Founder featured as a history maker on "Making History Today" KHOU-TV Channel 11 and Houston ISD Instructional Media Services’ Black History Notes TV program.
* Founder selected as Education Chair of the NAACP Texas State Conference and as President of Missouri City NAACP
* Founder served on The Civil Rights Project at Harvard University's Roundtable Discussion entitled, "Building Capacity for State-Level Advocates to Address the School to Prison Pipeline"
* Former Mayor of Houston, Bill White, declared June 18, 2005, Tammie Lang Campbell’s Day for being recognized nationally as the “Role Model Beyond Beauty” in Sophisticate’s Black Hair Magazine June/July 2005 issue. She was featured again in Sophisticate’s Black Hair Magazine May/June 2006 as one of the most outstanding role models in 2005 (Rosa Parks was the first role-model featured).
* Houston Mayor Annise Parker recognized the "We Love America Healthy, Clean and Green" with an honorable mention at her 27th Annual Proud Partners luncheon (click to view program)
2005 Sophisticate's Black Hair Role Model Beyond Beauty
State of Texas Senate Proclamation 1104 from
Texas House Resolution 1705
(Tammie Lang Campbell (L-R) 1st Front Row Seated)
Mayor Lee P. Brown Proclaims January 16, 2003
as Expressions of Family
(City of Houston Mayor Lee P. Brown
2000 NAACP Image Award Recipients
(Tammie Lang Campbell (L-R) 2nd to Left on